Brunei records 210 new cases, one death, 7 new clusters

One positive case has passed away on Friday announced the minister of health.

Speaking during a press conference, Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Dr Hj Md Isham Hj Jaafar said that the deceased was Case 7068, an 88-year-old man whose cause of death is currently being investigated.

With this new development, the total number of COVID-19 related fatalities in Brunei still stands at 32 cases.

The minister also announced that 210 new active cases were also recorded on Friday, with the total number of COVID-19 cases in Brunei rises to 7,326.

Meanwhile, 168 individuals have recovered from COVID-19. With that, the minister added, the total number of recovered cases in the country has increased to 5,043.

Moreover, seven new clusters have been identified on Friday namely; the 7110 Cluster, 6602 Cluster, 6597 Cluster, 7068 Cluster, 6839 Cluster and Pasar Gadong Cluster which involved 46 cases including cases that were previously unidentified in their sources of infection.

In addition to that, one new cluster was also identified which involved four cases as a result of the mass swabbing operations that was carried out on 29 September 2021 at Kampong Bukit Beruang.

With this, the active clusters in Brunei stands at 125.

It was also reported that there were 49 additional new cases to 17 of the existing active clusters and they are those who are currently being quarantined and were found to be in contact with several confirmed cases.

Meanwhile, 111 cases are still being investigated to determine the source of the infection, said the minister.

Currently, there are 5,043 active cases in the country and among these cases, seven are in critical condition, where all of them require assistance of artificial ventilation and one case still requires the help of an additional heart/lung machine (ECMO).

Furthermore, 30 cases that were categorised in Category 4 are now admitted at the Intensive Care Unit for close monitoring, said the minister.

“Alhamdulillah on 30 September 2021 until this morning, the National Isolation Centre has recorded two newborn births by 2 positive COVID-19 cases. All the mothers and their newborns are in good condition,” said the minister.

In the past 24 hours, a total of 5,271 samples have been tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus which brings the total number of laboratory tests conducted from January 2020 to 361,082.

YB Dato Dr Hj Md Isham went on to remind the public to abide by all directives that have been issued to control the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The public are advised not to leave the house without an important purpose and if it is necessary to leave the house not to go to crowded places as well as to practice physical distancing,” he said.

“This is in addition to practicing personal safety measures such as wearing a face mask, frequently washing your hands and practicing proper coughing and sneezing etiquettes,” the minister added.

For further information and latest updates, please visit the official website of the Ministry of Health at www.moh.gov.bnor by contacting the Health Advice Line 148 or email to askhal@moh.gov.bnthrough the BruHealth App.

THE BRUNEIAN | BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN

There is nothing to show here!
Slider with alias home-banner not found.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.