His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in a televised special titah earlier today has announced a cabinet reshuffle – the appointment of new ministers and deputy ministers including naming Brunei’s first female cabinet minister.
The monarch listed out all appointments which are for a four-year term, effective 7 June 2022.
LINE UP OF MINISTERS AND DEPUTY MINISTERS
1. His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam — Prime Minister; Minister of Defence; Minister of Finance & Economy and Minister of Foreign Affairs
2. His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince — Senior Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office
3. Pehin Orang Kaya Laila Setia Bakti Diraja Dato Laila Utama Hj Awang Isa Pehin Datu Perdana Manteri Dato Laila Utama Hj Awang Ibrahim — Special Advisor to His Majesty; and Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office
4. Dato Seri Paduka Hj Ahmaddin Hj Abd Rahman — Minister of Home Affairs
5. Pehin Udana Khatib Dato Paduka Seri Setia Ustaz Hj Awang Badaruddin Pengarah Dato Paduka Hj Awang Othman — Minister of Religious Affairs
6. Dato Seri Paduka Dr Hj Abd Manaf Hj Metussin — Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism
7. Dato Seri Setia Dr Hj Md Isham Hj Jaafar — Minister of Health
8. Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General (Rtd) Dato Paduka Seri Hj Halbi Hj Mohd Yussof — Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office
9. Dato Seri Setia Dr Hj Mohd Amin Liew Abdullah — Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Second Minister of Finance and Economy
10. Dato Seri Setia Hj Erywan Pehin Datu Pekerma Jaya Hj Mohd Yusof — Second Minister of Foreign Affairs
11. Dato Paduka Hj Muhammad Juanda Hj Abd Rashid — Minister of Development
12. Datin Seri Paduka Dr Hjh Romaizah Hj Mohd Salleh — Minister of Education
13. Pg Shamhary Pg Dato Paduka Hj Mustapha — Minister of Transport and Infocommunications
14. Hj Nazmi Hj Mohamad — Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports
15. Brigadier General Dato Seri Pahlawan Hj Abd Razak Hj Abd Kadir — Deputy Minister of Defence
16. Dato Seri Paduka Hj Matsatejo Sokiaw — Deputy Minister of Energy at the Prime Minister’s Office
17. Mohd Riza Dato Paduka Hj Mohd Yunos — Deputy Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office
18. Dato Paduka Hj Sufian Hj Sabtu – Deputy Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office
19. Hj Khairuddin Hj Abd Hamid — Deputy Minister of Finance and Economy
20. Pg Hjh Zety Sufina Pg Dato Paduka Hj Sani — Deputy Minister of Finance and Economy
21. Pg Dato Seri Setia Hj Mohd Tashim Pg Hj Hassan — Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs
His Majesty concluded the titah reminding that the appointments are a trust which must be carried out with full loyalty and responsibility.
“No one can neglect the trust as it is akin to a sacred promise with Allah Subhanahu Wataala. I would like to thank and appreciate all who are no longer appointed for their services and contributions all this while,” said the Sultan.
THE BRUNEIAN | BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN